Ok, so I’m not going to lie, crop tops are only for people under 35 (maybe that’s pushing it) and for those of you women who have skinny waists and a smaller chest.
I know that sounds harsh, but I’m sorry…actually I’m not sorry, it’s just the truth.
I want you to look your best, so I’m going to tell you the truth.
Crop tops are just for certain body types.
They are a bold trend, but if you do it right you can be the chicest of chic.
Now that we’ve got that out of the way, let’s get to the details of how to wear them…
Here are my TIPS:
1. The Boxy Crop Top
- Should be fitted in the shoulders and boxy on down. A smaller chest is needed for this type of top because you don’t want any peek-a-boo happening! Yikes, can you imagine?
- Boxy through the body means it needs to be oversized. It also shouldn’t be too tight on your arms.
- Not more than 3 inches of your midriff should be showing at any time. Make sure the one you choose is long enough for your torso. They also look best paired with high waisted jeans or shorts.
- Most of the boxy ones will just have short sleeves, as they should. Long sleeve ones will give off a weird proportion and tanks look better fitted.
- Check out these one below for examples…
(from left to right:
2. The Fitted Crop Top
- This one is going to look best if the bottom hem ends at the smallest part of your waist. Even if you don’t have major curves, this will give the illusion that you have more than you actually do.
- Same rule follows about how much skin should be showing. Since this will be fitted, it’s even more important. Not more than 3 inches of skin should be showing at anytime.
- These also look great paired with high waisted jeans or shorts.
- Sleeve length – like I mentioned above, cropped tanks look better fitted, but any sleeve length will do with the fitted crop top.
- Tank – You will look most classy if you cover up your legs, think high waisted jeans.
- Short Sleeve – You can go either way, really, with this sleeve…pants or shorts.
- Long Sleeve – These will look best with shorts or a flouncy skirt. If your arms are covered up, then show off some leg! With a fitted crop top though, high waisted skinny jeans would look great for a night on the town, no doubt.
- Check out these ones below…can you tell I like black?
(from left to right:
I hope this helps on how to wear the crop top! These are all from Forever 21 and are super affordable. I like to buy trendy items like these at places where I can get a few different ones to try…who doesn’t like a deal? They are the perfect trend for spring and summer. I know you’ll look great!!